ARRC is currently seeking to hire in the following positions: Equipment Operators, General Laborers, Nursery/Landscape Laborers, Foreman and CDL Drivers.
- Operates trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies
- Operates trucks and construction or power equipment, such as mechanized broom, backhoe, man-lift, dump truck, snowplow, road grater, front-end loader, hydraulic excavators and skid steers
- Operates jackhammers, mowers, brush chippers and other small equipment and tools to maintain street and utility systems
- Works with and assists the line crew in digging ditches and trenches, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work with a backhoe, road grater or front-end loader
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment
- Assists in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices
- Plows snow and salts roads according to departmental policy
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
This position has no supervision responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, hours vary.
Travel to various worksites is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Four years’ experience involving the use of medium and heavy equipment, two of which must have been related to utility or street systems
We are seeking a skilled, reliable general laborer to join our growing company. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting contractors, operating heavy machinery, and following all site health and safety regulations. A strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential.
General Labor Duties and Responsibilities
- Unload tools, prepare building site materials, stack building materials, and set up equipment
- Follow project instructions from construction manager or supervisor
- Consult with construction plans
- Direct traffic safely around the construction or road maintenance site
- Use construction and maintenance tools and equipment to complete daily tasks
- Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment
- Ensure regulated and proper headgear, ear plugs, gloves, safety glasses and clothing are worn
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in building scaffolding and temporary structures
- Safely operate a variety of tools including pressure washers, jackhammers, drills, saws, grinders, and blowtorches
- Prepare new construction sites by digging, moving dirt, or compacting space
- Provide assistance to contractors (i.e. craft workers, electricians, painters) as needed
- Clean and clear debris and hazardous materials
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
General Labor Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent educational experience; vocational school or trade apprenticeships a plus
- State licensure to work with hazardous materials preferred but not required; union certification preferred but not required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be comfortable climbing up tall ladders, working at elevated levels
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
We are looking for experienced and responsible nursery/planting laborers to join our team. The nursery/planting laborer will plant trees and shrubs, assist on construction sites, and assist in the nursery/propagation areas. The candidate can expect to work outdoors in a mix of weather conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Load/unload potted plants as well as tree tubes, stakes, hammers, and shovels
- Dig holes of varying size depending on the type of plant in all types of terrain and soils, including wetlands, hillslopes and stream banks
- Assist construction crew on jobs by spreading straw, seed, and fertilizer as well as installing matting and coir logs next to streams
- Assist nursery crew by digging, cutting, and transplanting seedlings, cuttings, trees, and shrubs
- Properly store and handle all equipment, tools, etc.
Nursery/Planting Laborer Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent educational experience
- Must be able to work out of town, leaving on Monday and returning Friday. Meals and lodging are provided
- Previous experience in landscaping or grounds keeping a plus
- Must be able to follow directions and complete tasks given by the plant crew leader
- Must be 18 years of age
- Able to work independently
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds
We are looking for a competent Construction Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at construction sites. As the point of reference of both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for the completion of a project.
A construction foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
- Proven experience as construction foreman
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math
- Problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter etc.)
We are seeking a dependable and efficient CDL truck driver who knows how to operate heavy machinery to transport. Someone possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina able to withstand long hours on the road. Must be organized, detailed oriented, and comfortable working independently. A clean driving record and commercial driving experience is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pick-up and safely transport construction material including equipment
- Ensure contents are properly secured in truck, flatbed to prevent damage/injury
- Assist in mapping driving routes
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
- Operate heavy equipment including excavator, dozer, skid steer, etc.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) required
- 2+ years proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Able to operate many different pieces of heavy equipment to transport
- Possess great physical stamina and focus during long driving shifts
- Comfortable with long-haul transport
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- Map reading and route planning experience
- An innate sense of direction
- Self-starter who works well independently
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management